Minutes: March 10, 2021 Regular Board Meeting
Presented for approval at the April 13, 2021 Board Meeting
March meeting was called to order at 7:00 pm by Michelle Meis and the Pledge of Allegiance was recited. Supervisor’s present includes: Branden Mell – (via teleconference), Betsy Rising – (via teleconference), John Paitl and Stan Iskierka. Treasurer Mary Dillner and Clerk Kelli Storck were also present.
Agenda (Additions or Changes)
- Add: Levy approval to New Business line D.
Motion by Iskierka seconded by Paitl to approve Agenda. Approved.
Motion by Iskierka seconded by Paitl to approve February Minutes. Approved.
Motion by Paitl seconded by Iskierka to approve Treasurer’s Report. Approved.
Motion by Iskierka seconded by Rising to approve paying bills. Approved.
- Burned brush pile at Township Hall
- Some roads are rough due to CenturyLink installations
- No water issues as of yet
- Chipped ice
- Will start locating soon to install 911-signs
- Road/Asphalt Projects – A special meeting will be held on April 14, 2021 at 7:00 pm at Nessel Township Hall to discuss upcoming road projects.
- Salt/Sand Shed – Meis stated that there is not enough money in the budget for a shed this year and that it should be added to the agenda for the Annual Town Meeting in 2022.
- Roof Repair – Meis was previously told by Lonsky Construction that the roof would be repaired February by 18. The roof has not been repaired and Meis has not heard from Lonsky Construction. Mell stated that he was told that the steel for the roof is getting delivered this week. Rising will contact Jamie at Lonsky Construction and let them know that Meis wants to hear from Mr. Lonsky regarding updates on repairing the roof.
- Parking Ordinance – Iskierka received a letter from the Sheriff’s Office stating that the Parking Ordinance (Ordinance 01) has been approved. Storck will have it published for two weeks and once that is done, the ordinance can be enforced.
Motion by Rising seconded by Iskierka to approve Storck publishing the Parking Ordinance. Approved.
- Maintenance Contract – This will be added to the Special Board meeting on April 14, 2021 at 7:00 pm at Nessel Township Hall for discussion.
- Local Road Improvement Grant (LRIP) – Mell has submitted the paperwork for the LRIP grant. He has asked SEH to give a proposal for the cost of engineering.
- Broadband Pedestals – Iskierka stated that during the Road Tour, he would like a list to be created regarding pedestals. He will then meet with CenturyLink to resolve any pedestal issues.
- Dust Control/Chloride Program – Mell created a policy for the Board to review. Iskierka gave a history on how the Township became involved with coordinating the dust control program. He stated that a few years ago, some residents from different street addresses asked the Township Board if they would coordinate the dust control program if the residents collected the money and sent it to the Township. He stated that this way, dust control can be completed on the same day rather than each resident having dust control set up on multiple days. He stated that the Board agreed that they would coordinate the dust control policy. There was discussion about conditional use permits that three resorts have that involves dust control. Mell stated that his goal is to clarify what our current policy is going to be moving forward. This discussion has been tabled and it was decided to continue this discussion at a Special Board meeting. Mell asked Iskierka to write a draft policy and bring it to the Special Board meeting to be held on April 14, 2021 at 7:00 pm at Nessel Township Hall.
- Annual Meeting Recap – No comments or discussion.
- Road Tour Date – The road tour will be done on April 8, 2021 at 8:00 am.
- Approval Publish LBAE – Approval needed to publish the Local Board of Appeal and Equalization Assessment notice.
Motion by Iskierka seconded by Paitl to approve publishing the LBAE Assessment notice. Approved.
- Approve 2022 Tax Levy – Approval needed to approve setting the levy at $708,953 for the year 2022.
Motion by Rising seconded by Iskierka to approve setting the levy at $708,953 for the year of 2022. Approved.
Motion by Paitl seconded by Iskierka to adjourn at 8:22 pm. Approved.