Minutes: April 13, 2021 Regular Board Meeting
Presented for approval at the May 11, 2021 Board Meeting
April meeting was called to order at 7:00 pm by Michelle Meis and the Pledge of Allegiance was recited. Supervisor’s present includes: Branden Mell, Betsy Rising, John Paitl and Stan Iskierka. Treasurer Mary Dillner and Clerk Kelli Storck were also present.
Agenda (Additions or Changes)
Motion by Paitl seconded by Rising to approve the Agenda. Approved.
Motion by Mell seconded by Paitl to approve the minutes of the April meeting. Approved.
Motion by Rising seconded by Paitl to approve Treasurer’s Report. Approved.
Motion by Rising seconded by Paitl to approve paying bills. Approved.
Chip Sealing Bids
Chairperson Meis opened sealed bids for chip sealing Bayview Avenue.
- Four bids were received. Asphalt Service Tech., Pearson Bros. Inc, Allied Blacktop Company and Fahrner
Motion to Award to Pearson Brothers $43,235, based on best value, better material, and more tack oil. Bid includes striping by Mell seconded by Rising. Approved.
- Graded various roads
- Filled salt shed
- Road tour
- Need an additional 8,000 yards of gravel
- Iskierka will notify Century Link of pedestals needing pipe markers.
- New Maintenance Contract with Changes to
- 3.1.8 direct purchase mark up of 15% that the contractor will apply to any direct purchase materials or service.
- 3.1.9 guarantee to pay contractor in the monthly in the months of December, January, February and March if the total bill for maintenance in a month falls short of the guarantee. The fixed guarantee will be $4,000.
Motion to approve contract with changes 3.1.8 and 3.1.9 by Mell seconded by Rising. Approved.
Motion to publish. Maintenance Contract by Mell seconded by Paitl. Approved.
Roof Repair –
- Garage roof is reported complete, Iskierka reports there are still air gaps and nail holes on roof
- needs to facia on picnic shelter different style
- Board discussed purchasing a new vehicle
- decision was made that used vehicles are too expensive at present
- Replacing the vehicle was tabled
- Board discussed the purchase of a measuring device. Iskierka researched a JMAR brand GPS.
- Motion by Rising seconded by Mell approved Iskierka to purchase JMAR GPS- up to $1,600. Approved
- Resident requested Board approval for walkway across easement 512th and Amble Ave., at this time easement is not suitable for anything but a walkway.
Motion by Mell to approve wood chips and/or fractured rock to be placed in road easement as egress, seconded by Rising. Approved.
Easement on Boxwood
- Ruppe called regarding 10ft.Easement on Boxwood Rd., it is tax forfeited and it is used as a drainage ditch. Chisago County is offering Township this easement. Resolution 04-2021 has to be approved by board and sent to Attorney Ruppe and then the Township will acquire that easement.
Motion to approve Resolution 04-2021 by Paitl seconded by Rising. Approved.
LRIP (Local Road Improvement Policy)
- Request for funding has been submitted by Mell. It may take a month later for approval by MN State, they are behind in awarding them
Lawn Service Contract
Motion by Paitl seconded by Rising to approve L &L Lawn Service for 2021
Gravel Quotes Approval
Board discussed Gravel Quotes for 8,000 yards.
Motion to publish Gravel Quotes by Iskierka seconded by Paitl. Approved.
Board discussed Liquor License requests Resolution 03-2021
Motion to approve liquor license for Grumpy Minnow, Flickabirds and Rush Point Store by Paitl seconded by Iskierka. Approved.
A letter to be sent to Harris City regarding 480th Street. Harris will take over Road Maintenance on June 1st.
A letter to be sent to Royalton Township regarding 540th Street. Royalton will take over Road Maintenance on June 1st.
There are containers of hazardous materials in ditches. We are told DO NO Touch and contact proper authorities; we must go through proper channels or we are responsible for disposal.
Motion by Rising seconded by Paitl to adjourn at 8:41 pm. Approved.