Minutes: September 14, 2021 Regular Board Meeting
Presented for approval at the October 12, 2021 Board Meeting
The meeting was called to order at 7:00 pm by Michelle Meis, the Pledge of Allegiance was recited. Supervisor’s present includes John Paitl, Betsy Rising, Stan Iskierka and Branden Mell. Treasurer/Clerk Mary Dillner and Clerk/Deputy Treasurer Mary Winter were also present.
Motion to approve the agenda by Stan Iskierka, seconded by John Paitl. Approved.
Motion to approve the minutes by Betsy Rising, seconded by Stan Iskierka. Approved.
Motion to approve the Treasurer’s Report by John Paitl seconded, by Betsy Rising. Approved.
Motion to approve paying bills by Betsy Rising seconded, by Branden Mell. Approved.
Residents John & Ana Bivans are requesting approval for a change to their previous variance. Updated septic design – closer to road setback.
Motion to approve change to the previous variance with updated septic design – closer to road setback by Branden Mell, seconded by John Paitl. Approved.
No residents spoke at this meeting
Road Maintenance Report
- Applied new gravel on road. One more road to do.
- Started tree brushing then moved on to ditch mowing.
- Brushing was done on part of Anchor and Balsam.
- Clerk will put on reminder calendar to publish brush cutting to the residents in March of 2022 in paper.
- Road Committee – Utility Crossing – A draft Utility Crossing Policy was presented to the Board and a discussion occurred of pros and cons for open cutting vs. boing under road. Open cutting is needed at some point in the future both by the residents and by Nessel Township. It was determined to add a new policy with wording for open cutting “with board approval” for open cutting.
Motion to approve 3.4.4 Utility Crossing Policy by Stan Iskierka, seconded by Betsy Rising. Approved.
Bayview Road – Chip sealing completed. Supervisor Stan Iskierka noticed they started striping the road but the fogging was not done yet. Supervisor Stan called the vendor and confirmed the fogging was not done. The vendor asked Supervisor Stan to have them stop stripping the road at this time until the fogging is complete. Supervisor Stan did, but they were 80% done which striping will be redone after fogging.
- Budget Committee – Budget committee will meet the day after Thanksgiving.
Discussion on how the board will support Treasurer Mary Dillner with the new accounting software TASC. The Budget Committee will be available to Treasurer as needed.
- Contract Committee – Page 6 is missing from the Muddy Gap Hollow maintenance contract. Clerk will have page 6 printed for the board member books next month.
- Policy Committee – No update at this time.
- Nothing at this time.
- New Policy Draft – Utility Crossings – See committee report.
- Clover Trail Subordinate Service – Continuing the discussion with the LRIP grant that we did not get. SEH revised proposal to be the same as was done on Anchor. Project is on hold.
- Clover Trail Paving Project – Continuing the discussion with the LRIP grant that we did not get. The assessor’s office broke down on how cost would be spread across the properties. Project is on hold.
- Mary D & Mary W – resignation of previous roles not needed at this time.
- Couri & Ruppe – Per hour rate increase presented to board. Effective January 1, 2022 general legal work was $220.00 will increase to $230.00, Developmental work was $210.00 will increase to $250.00
- Pre-buy Propane 2000 gallons @ 1.799 = $3,598.00
Motion to approve pre-buy of 2000 gallons of propane from Pioneer Propane Gas by Branden Mell, seconded by John Paitl. Approved.
Motion to adjourn by John Paitl, seconded by Stan Iskierka at 8:09 pm. Approved.