MINUTES: 10 October Regular Board meeting
Presented for approval at November 14 Board Meeting
October 10th meeting was called to order at 7:00pm by Michelle Meis with the Pledge of Allegiance. Supervisors present include, John Paitl, Betsy Rising and Tom McKenzie. Also present was Clerk, Stan Iskierka and Treasurer, Mary Dillner. Not present Branden Mell
Agenda (Additions or Changes)
Motion by McKenzie seconded by Rising to approve Agenda. Carried.
Motion by McKenzie seconded by Rising to approve September Minutes. Carried.
Motion by Paitl seconded by Rising to approve Treasurer’s Report. Carried.
Motion by McKenzie seconded by Paitl to approve paying bills. Carried.
- Graded various roads
- Locate for street signs
- Locate for post at Bayview Ave
- Meeting at Belle Isle Ave to check road condition
- Balsam Ave checked the road condition
- Sutcliffe will install no parking sign post in a short area on Alpine Ave because there is no shoulder and there is a drop off at that location. Board is worried that the vehicles may get too close to the edge of the asphalt and break it up. Resident, Gary Riley, stated that it was by his property and that he uses the area to park his trailer on his property and the signs would interfere. He said no one would drive in the area and that the edge of asphalt would not breaking up. Board decided not to place no parking signs in that area.
- Representative from Rock Creek and the Pine City Commissioner stated that a resident in Rock Creek has a hole in their driveway culvert that comes off 540th St. and they would like it replaced. Nessel Board said that it should be up to Rock Creek to replace the culvert for their resident as Nessel Township maintains the road but will not replace the Rock Creek resident’s culvert that is in their driveway.
- Resident from Almond Ave would like the road graded and more gravel installed. Board said that the road does not need more gravel.
- Jay Erickson at 51075 Amber Ave is requesting that he can install septic pipe under the street to his septic mound. He will bore under the road about 8 feet down and will not disturb the road bed.
Motion by McKenzie seconded by Rising to approve boring a pipe under Amber Ave for Jay Erickson’s septic pipe. Approved.
- Randy Kirschman complained that a culvert is on his property and there is a drainage pipe that goes across his property to the lake. He would like it removed or pay the cost to install new pipe for the drainage pipe. The drainage pipe has been in the ground for many years and it drains the property above his property. If he plugged the culvert or pipe the water may back up and flood his neighbors land. Board will not move pipe or pay for cost to install new pipe.
- Voting Resolution – The State of Minnesota requires municipalities to designate, by resolution, where a polling place for voting is in each precinct. Iskierka wrote up Resolution 12-2017 to designate the voting place and precinct for Nessel Township.
Motion by McKenzie second by Paitl to approve Resolution 12-2017 to designate the precinct and voting place for Nessel Township. Approved.
- Braham Fire Dept. – Iskierka explained that with a change in the fire line boundaries, Nessel Township fire response on the south west side of Nessel Township, could be faster and that the cost could go down with the Braham Fire Dept. Six sections on the south west side of Nessel Township would be transferred to the Rush City Fire Dept.
- Advertise for Deputy Clerk – Iskierka will place an ad to hire a Deputy Clerk. This position will help the clerk with administrative duties.
- Mell Campground – Dust control has to be addressed when the Branden Mell campground starts their business. One option would be to start dust control from 500th St at Bayview Ave.
Motion by Rising second by McKenzie to adjourn at 9:35pm. Carried.