Minutes: October 12, 2021 Regular Board Meeting
Presented for approval at the November 9, 2021 Board Meeting
The meeting was called to order at 7:00 pm by Chair Michelle Meis, the Pledge of Allegiance was recited. Supervisor’s present includes John Paitl and Betsy Rising. Absent from the meeting includes Stan Iskierka and Branden Mell. Treasurer Mary Dillner and Clerk Mary Winter were also present.
Motion to approve the agenda by John Paitl, seconded by Betsy Rising. Approved.
Motion to approve the minutes by John Paitl, seconded by Betsy Rising. Approved.
Motion to approve the Treasurer’s Report by Betsy Rising, seconded by John Paitl. Approved.
The board asked about the Pearson invoice. The clerk, treasurer and chair found invoice to be accurate and ok to pay.
Motion to approve paying bills by Betsy Rising seconded, by John Paitl. Approved.
The board decided to move up to Open Forum from New Business approval of Plat – 49150 Dogwood Ave, Rush City, MN. Chair, Michelle Meis and Clerk, Mary Winter signed Mylar.
Road Maintenance Report
- Completed a couple of repairs on roads. There were several of them.
- Continued with ditch mowing.
- Michelle asked if additional detail could be added to the Muddy Gap Hollow invoice. A discussion by the board followed in reference to what was provided in the past. John historically provided a separate sheet of completed road work. The board and John agreed he would do a map showing which roads he has worked on and what was completed.
Road Maintenance Report con’t
- Repaired Acacia Way wash-out created by Phouvang property due to rain water running down the driveway onto Acacia Way. This will be an ongoing problem due to the slope of the driveway.
- Working to shape up the roads for winter. Waiting for rain to repair/shape up additional roads.
- Road Committee – No update at this time.
- Budget Committee – No update at this time. Request was made to Mary D. for financial reports coming out of the new software TASC to be printed on the color paper the board is currently comfortable with to view the financial reports.
- Contract Committee – No update at this time.
- Policy Committee – No update at this time.
- None at this time.
- Plat – 49150 Dogwood Ave, Rush City, MN – See Open Forum.
- Resolution 09-2021 – Resolution Designating Annual Polling Place.
Motion to approve 09-2021 – Resolution Designating Annual Polling Place by Betsy Rising, seconded by John Paitl. Approved.
- Policy – Snow Removal
Motion to approve Snow Removal Policy by Betsy Rising, seconded by John Paitl. Approved.
- Salt purchase for roads – Email from Stan stating to inform the board that we have plenty of salt to cover the whole season and we have another 75 tons in reserves, not to worry about salt/ship.
Motion to adjourn by John Paitl, seconded by Betsy Rising at 7:45 pm. Approved.