Minutes: December 16, 2019 Regular Board Meeting
Presented for approval at the January 14, 2020 Board Meeting
December meeting was called to order at 7:00 pm by Michelle Meis with the Pledge of Allegiance. Supervisors present included, Brandon Mell, John Paitl and Jared Landon. Clerk Stan Iskierka, Treasurer Mary Dillner and Deputy Clerk Kelli Storck were also present. Supervisors not present, Betsy Rising.
Agenda (Additions or Changes)
- AED – Add to Old Business E.
Motion by Paitl seconded by Landon to approve Agenda. Approved.
- Appointing of Deputy Clerk – Kelli Storck was sworn in as Deputy Clerk for Nessel Township.
Motion by Landon seconded by Mell to approve November Minutes. Approved.
Motion by Landon seconded by Paitl to approve Treasurer’s Report. Approved.
- QuickBooks Program – Mell asked Dillner if she is utilizing the internet at the Township Hall. Dillner stated that she is not yet, and she asked for approval to purchase the QuickBooks Program to assist her with reports, in which she would be able to do at the Township Hall. The Board asked Dillner to get some prices, up to $500, to purchase QuickBooks and to present it to the Board at the next meeting.
Motion by Landon seconded by Paitl to approve paying bills. Approved.
- DNR – Jeremy Fauskee with the Department of Natural Resources gave a slide presentation regarding the history of the DNR. Jeremy also talked about what the DNR has to offer and what some of their responsibilities are. You can visit the DNR’s website at mndnr.gov for more information.
- Snow Packed Ice – A resident stated that the road on Alpine Avenue is hard-packed solid ice. The resident wants to know if the Township is going to do anything to improve the icy road. Mell stated that the roads are in the condition that they are in because of the way the snow fell (Heavy, wet snowfall). Mell asked the Board to approve authorizing our contractor to make some improvements to the condition of the icy roads. The Board gave approval of three, 8-hour days (with the possibility of approval for two more days) for our contractor to try to clean-up (scrape) the snow packed icy roads in Nessel Township. Due to the extenuating circumstances of this snowfall, once the Township roads are done, the Board voted 3-1 to include Shorewood Development in this clean-up approval.
- Graded roads
- Snow plowed and salted tar roads
- Snow plowed dirt roads
- Cleaned up ice build-up on tar roads
- Installed a 30-mph sign 50-feet west of Bayview Avenue on 505th Street
- Acacia Way – To make the corner and hill safer on Acacia Way, the Road Committee will work with our contractor regarding the placement of up to 8 “No Parking” signs and our contractor will then get the signs installed.
Motion by Mell seconded by Landon to approve the Road Committee to work with our contractor as to the placement, on both sides of the road, of up to 8 “No Parking” signs. Approved.
- Proposed Budget – A proposed 2021 budget was distributed to the Board to review and to make recommendations for changes, which will then be discussed at the January board meeting. Some suggestions to discuss are Anchor, snow plowing and road maintenance to include frost boils, culvert replacements, ditching, tree trimming.
- Audit meeting will be held on January 14,2020 at 6:30 pm Board will discuss 2019 invoices and disbursements
- Afton Way – Approval needed for the prepared draft Resolution Designating a Minimum-Maintenance Road on Afton Way.
Motion by Mell seconded by Paitl to approve the Resolution Designation a Minimum Maintenance Road on Afton Way. Approved.
- Anchor Avenue – Iskierka will talk to the County Assessor’s Office to see how much it would cost to assess the property owners (25-residents) to pave the road and what the process is. The Board will discuss again after Iskierka gets information from the County Assessor’s Office.
- Fish Lake Agreement – A copy of the maintenance responsibilities for 482nd Street/Blue Heron Trail, Joint Powers Agreement, with Fish Lake Township, was distributed to the Board.
- Braham City Fire Department – A copy of the final fire contract amounts, payable in 2020, was distributed to the Board.
- AED – Approval was given for Storck to order the Zoll AED Plus and a wall mount cabinet for the AED.
Motion by Landon seconded by Paitl to Adjourn at 8:45 pm. Approved.