Minutes: 8 May 2018 Regular Board Meeting
Presented for approval at June 12, 2018 Board Meeting
Michelle Meis with the Pledge of Allegiance called May meeting to order at 7:00 pm. Supervisors present include, John Paitl, Branden Mell, Betsy Rising and Tom McKenzie. Also present was Clerk, Stan Iskierka and Treasurer, Mary Dillner.
Agenda (Additions or Changes)
Motion by Rising seconded by Paitl to approve Agenda. Approved.
Motion by Rising seconded by McKenzie to approve April Minutes. Approved.
Motion by Mell seconded by McKenzie to approve Treasurer’s Report. Approved.
Motion by Rising seconded by McKenzie to approve paying bills. Approved.
- Unplugged culverts
- Graveled roads
- Graded roads
- Removed trash
Motion by Paitl seconded by Mell to accept the Maintenance report. Approved.
- Dan Wolfe– Stated that he would like to add a second story addition to his home as the existing setback is closer than required.
Motion by Rising seconded by Paitl to approve addition. Approved.
Conditional Use Permit
- Susan Wagner – Requesting a Conditional Use Permit for a dog-breeding kennel at 50628 Evergreen Ct.
Motion by Mell seconded by Paitl to approve a Conditional Use Permit for a dog kennel. Approved.
- Rush Haven Campground – Establishing 39-unit campground on Acacia Trail. Board discussed dust control on Acacia as there may be more traffic on the road because of the campground.
Motion by McKenzie second by Rising to approve the Conditional Use Permit with the stipulation that all of Acacia Lane will need dust control starting in 2019.
- Grumpy Minnow – Requesting approval for a liquor license.
Motion by Rising seconded by McKenzie to approve liquor license for Grumpy Minnow. Approved.
- Deputy Clerk – Iskierka has three residents interested in applying for the Deputy Clerk position. Iskierka asked Board what is the best time and day to interview. It will be on Wednesday, May 16, 2018 at 6 pm.
- Nessel Township Website – There are questions about ownership of the Township website that will be designed by Shane Fertig. Paitl will talk to Shane to get the information needed. Cost will be $800 to build the website, hosting the site will be $300 and a yearly $250 to add updates if needed.
- Park Shelter –McKenzie, Michelle, and Iskierka had a construction meeting on 4-18-2018 with the contractors involved in the building of the shelter. McKenzie ordered the picnic tables for the shelter and will get the building permit at the County. Gravel from our stock pile will be used to build the foundation.
- Board of Review – Iskierka needs approval of the Minutes for the Board of Review that was held on April 17, 2018.
Motion by Rising seconded by Paitl to approve the minutes of the Board of Review. Approved.
- Bayside Ave – Needs approval to a send letter to a resident that is trenching across Bayside Ave to drain water from his property. The letter to the resident states that he needs to stop trenching across Bayside Ave and if he does not stop, he will be assessed for repairing the road.
Motion by Mell seconded by Paitl to approve sending letter to resident. Approved.
- Asphalt Crack Sealing– Iskierka needs approval to have Prefer Seal Coating seal cracks on all asphalt roads. Cost will be $7,055.80.
Motion by Mell second by Rising to approve Prefer Seal Coating to seal cracks on Township roads at a cost of $7,055.80. Approved.
- Dust Control– Iskierka needs approval to place an advertisement in paper for dust control.
Motion by Mell seconded by Rising to approve the ad and to place it in the papers. Approved.
- Historical Society – Iskierka delivered old birth and death records that go back to the 1830’s to the Chisago County Historical Society. They will preserve the books and share the history with the public. The building is located in Lindstrom.
- Belle Isle Dr – Board discussed what we will do if there are complaints about the new section of paved road. There is about $23,000 left over from the construction that can be used to repair the road. Contractor will seal a portion of the road where there are minor cracks as that is part of the warranty. Iskierka will get the cost to seal coat new portion of Belle Isle Road.
Motion by Rising seconded by McKenzie to adjourn at 9:00 pm. Approved.